Note: This page will be updated as information changes
The City of Huron encourages the community to stay informed, practice good hygiene, be aware, and be prepared. We are in this together; Stay home except for essential needs. Take steps to help prevent getting sick. Everyone has a role to play.
Preventative Actions You Can Take
- Stay home
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Shake hands
- Touch your face
- Go to the doctor if you aren’t sick
- Stockpile masks or gloves
If you are sick:
- Stay home and CALL your medical provider.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Contact your medical service provider if you think you are experiencing symptoms and would like to be tested.
ca.p-ebt.org – Pandemic EBT benefits-
Operational Changes To City Services
April 6, 2020: In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the city facilities are temporary closed to the public until further notice.
Para evitar la propagación de COVID-19, las instalaciones de la ciudad estarán cerradas temporalmente al publico hasta nuevo aviso.
April 14, 2020: Huron residents can now email our Huron Police to file a police report and/or to report non-emergency information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email please include your name, phone number, address, and the type of crime, once email is received the on-duty officer will be contacting you to obtain further details.
April 30, 2020: Notice of mask requirement (Covid-19): The city of Huron requires that until further notice all residents and businesses and employees wear surgical, cloth or other suitable masks that cover the nose and mouth whenever in public and in the presence of any other person who is not a member of the immediate household. this requirement and the governor’s “stay-at-home” order will be enforced by the city violations subject the person failing to wear a mask to a fine of up to $1,000.
Aviso de requisito de tapabocas (covid-19): la ciudad de Huron requiere que hasta nuevo aviso, todos los residentes, empresas y empleados usen tapabocas quirúrgicas, de tela o otra que cubra la nariz y la boca siempre que este en público y en presencia de cualquier otra persona que no sea miembro del hogar inmediato. este requisito y la orden de “quedarse en casa” del gobernador se aplicarán por las violaciones de la ciudad, la persona que no use un tapabocas sera sujeto a una multa de hasta $1,000.
May 5, 2020: United Health Centers – COVID-19 Testing
Testing is performed daily from Monday to Friday by our Nurse from 1:30pm-3:00pm at our 11th Street location.
Huron residents that are interested in being tested should call (1-800-492-4227) to schedule a telephone visit with one of our medical providers. Based on the evaluation of their symptoms and situation, the provider will determine if testing should be performed.
Once tested, results are generally available in 3 to 4 days.
United Health Centers – Pruebas COVID-19
La prueba se realiza diariamente de lunes a viernes por nuestra enfermera de 1:30 p.m. a 3:00 p.m.en nuestra ubicación de la calle 11.
Los residentes de Huron que estén interesados en hacerse la prueba deben llamar al (1-800-492-4227) para programar una visita telefónica con uno de nuestros proveedores médicos. Según la evaluación de sus síntomas y situación, el proveedor determinará si se deben realizar pruebas.
Una vez se hace la prueba, los resultados generalmente están disponibles en 3 a 4 días.
Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) is not familiar to families, as it is a new crisis-response beneﬁt.
- Families that are directly-certiﬁed through school meals through CalFresh, CalWORKS, Medi-Cal or social servicesdo not needto apply for P-EBT. They should be receiving a new P-EBT card in the mail between May 8-22. Schools and counties should be prepared to conﬁrm that the P-EBT card is loaded with funds to purchase food.
- Families who are eligible for free and reduced-price school meals through a school application or whose students are attending schools where meals are free for all students will likely need to apply for P-EBT online betweenMay 22-June 30.
Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by about May 22, 2020 must apply online before June 30, 2020.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: June 30, 2020
Application link is here: